RULES & REGULATIONS
– overview –
There are a lot of rules, regulations and information when it comes to competition surfing, especially with so many divisions. A full breakdown is available HERE, but we have created this page to give you a simple overview:
Competitors must be eligible for their chosen age division at 01/01/18. eg:
- Competitors in the Under 15 divisions must be 14 or younger at 01/01/18
- Competitors in the 50 & Over division must be 50 or older at 01/01/18
- Competitors may only enter one age division
- Juniors – minimum 8ft board
- All other age divisions minimum 9ft board
GOLDEN BREED NOSERIDER PRO:
2018 will see a slightly new format for the Golden Breed Noserider Pro:
Round One will be open to the first 20 entries received.
Round Two will comprise the top four competitors of Round One plus 4 x 2017 finalists (or highest finishers) and 4 x wildcard invitees. The top four scorers of Round Two will progress to the final.
$1,000.00 winner takes all.
Boards must be taped by the beach Marshall 50cm back from nose. Competitors are score by time hanging 5 and double-time hanging ten.
LOGGER PRO & LADYLOGGER PRO:
- Minimum 9ft board
- The width dimensions are to be a total minimum 51 inches in aggregate. (widest point, + width 12″ from tail + 12″ from nose
- Single fin only – no side fins or even plugs for side fins allowed
- The rails must be 50/50 or 60/40 from nose to tail
- No resin edge from rail to tail
- 8″ fin or over only
- Though generally a no-legrope event, the contest director will allow leg ropes in challenging conditions
- Board must be 6kg minimum
Boards must be pre-1968
The two-person teams must include two generations of the same family, eg: father-daughter, uncle-nephew, grandmother-grandson – no siblings, cousins or same generation allowed.
- 4 surfers per team
- Surfer names and order in which they will surf must be submitted prior to heat
- 30-minute heats, each surfer gets two waves (if they get to their feet, the wave counts), and the best wave of each surfer goes towards the team’s final score
- All team members must be back in their box on the beach BEFORE heat-end. If not, a 5-point penalty is applied
GARAGE HANDPLANES MEN’S & WOMEN’S BODY BASH presented by DaFiN:
Pretty standard rules apply to the Garage Handplanes Body Bash. Surfers awarded scores for length of ride, utilising the critical part of the wave, manoeuvres such as spinners and so on. Both divisions are open, that being surfers may choose whether or not to use a handplane.
Surfers must collect coloured swim caps from beach Marshall prior to the event.
Above all, it is obligatory to have fun, share the stoke and enjoy yourself as much as possible!
If you need further clarification on any aspect of competition, you can click the link below, or email us at: